Stawell Local Services
Stawell ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Stawell site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Stawell Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Stawell When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Stawell Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Stawell Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Stawell ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Stawell and a Place to Meet
The stawell.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Stawell
Stawell, located in the Grampians region of Victoria, Australia, is a charming town that has a rich history and unique features that attract visitors from all over the world. Here are some interesting facts about this town:
1. The Stawell Gift is an iconic foot race that has been held annually since 1878. It is a 120m sprint race that attracts some of the world's best athletes. The race is held on Easter weekend and has a prize pool of over $40,000.
2. The Big Hill lookout is a must-see attraction in Stawell. It offers a panoramic view of the town and the Grampians National Park. The lookout is accessible by car and there is a walking trail for those who prefer to hike.
3. The Stawell Underground Physics Laboratory is a unique scientific facility located in the town. It is one of the few underground laboratories in the world and is used for research on dark matter. Visitors can take a tour of the laboratory and learn about the research being done.
4. The Stawell Performing Arts Centre is a cultural hub for the town. It hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, including live music, theatre productions, and dance performances.
5. Stawell is known for its gold rush history. In 1853, gold was discovered in the area and a rush of miners flooded the town. The Stawell Gold Mine operated from 1853 to 1920 and produced over 2 million ounces of gold.
6. The Stawell Railway Station is a heritage-listed building that was built in 1877. It is one of the few remaining railway stations on the Melbourne to Adelaide line and is still in use today.
7. The Stawell Gift Hall of Fame is a museum dedicated to the history of the Stawell Gift foot race. It features displays and interactive exhibits that showcase the winners and the stories behind the race.
8. Stawell is home to the Big Koala, a 14-meter tall statue of a koala that is located on the Western Highway. The Big Koala is a popular tourist attraction and a great photo opportunity.
9. The Stawell Agricultural Society Show is an annual event that has been held since 1879. It features a variety of agricultural displays, livestock competitions, and carnival rides.
10. Stawell has a vibrant arts community. The Stawell Art Group is a not-for-profit organization that promotes the visual arts in the town. It hosts exhibitions and workshops throughout the year and encourages local artists to showcase their work.