Stawell Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Stawell Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing stawell.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Stawell for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Stawell?
Stawell Galleries and Museums
Stawell is a small town in the Grampians region of Victoria, Australia. Despite its small size, the town boasts an impressive selection of galleries, museums, and historical venues. Here are some of the top places to explore in Stawell and the surrounding areas:
- Wild Wood Gallery: Located on Main Street in Stawell, Wild Wood Gallery is a showcase of contemporary Australian art and design. Here you will find a range of paintings, sculptures, and mixed media pieces from both emerging and established artists.
- Grampians Goods Co.: Grampians Goods Co. is a unique retail space in Stawell that specializes in locally made and sourced arts and crafts. Their collection includes pottery, jewelry, textiles, and other handmade items that reflect the natural beauty of the surrounding Grampians region.
- Ararat Regional Art Gallery: A short drive from Stawell, the Ararat Regional Art Gallery is a must-see destination for art enthusiasts. The gallery features a wide range of exhibitions throughout the year, showcasing works from both local and international artists. It also houses an impressive collection of Australian landscape paintings from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Stawell Railway Station Museum: The Stawell Railway Station Museum is housed in a beautifully restored heritage building that dates back to 1873. Here you can explore the history of railways in the region, including the unique Puffing Billy steam railway that once ran through the area.
- Gum San Chinese Heritage Centre: Located in nearby Ararat, the Gum San Chinese Heritage Centre tells the story of the many Chinese immigrants who came to the region during the gold rush of the mid-1800s. The museum features interactive exhibits and displays that explore the history and culture of Chinese Australians in Victoria.
- Langi Morgala Museum: The Langi Morgala Museum is a local history museum in Ararat that showcases the rich heritage of the region. The museum features exhibits on the area's Aboriginal history, early settlement, and gold mining past.
- Stawell Gift Hall of Fame: Stawell is home to one of the most famous foot races in the world - the Stawell Gift. The Stawell Gift Hall of Fame is a museum dedicated to the history of the event and its many famous winners. The museum features artifacts, photographs, and interactive displays that bring the race to life.
- J Ward Lunatic Asylum: Located in nearby Ararat, J Ward Lunatic Asylum is a fascinating historical site that offers a glimpse into the darker side of Victorian history. The asylum was in operation from the late 1800s until the 1990s and housed some of the most notorious criminals and psychiatric patients in the state.
- Mount Arapiles-Tooan State Park: Mount Arapiles-Tooan State Park is a scenic wilderness area that offers a range of outdoor activities and historical sites. The park is home to several Aboriginal rock art sites, as well as a number of historical landmarks, including the Wimmera River Crossing and the Mount Arapiles-Tooan Cemetery.
Whether you are interested in art, history, or outdoor adventures, Stawell and its surrounding areas have plenty to offer. From galleries and museums to historical sites and natural landmarks, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this charming Australian town.
Stawell Galleries and Museums Articles